Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Optimism

Today started off really well.  I woke up on time, got to work on time, and one of the first customers up to my desk said I was beautiful.   I thought to myself "Damn, today is going to be awesome."  

Then it all went south.  I left work feeling like I had been dragged through the mud, and looked at like I was a fool more times than I can count or wish to count.  Needless to say I got really down on myself and sorta snapped.  I threw up my hands at the end of the day and was like "I'm done!  I'm out!  No more!".  Talk about bad attitude.

By the time I got home, and had settled into this chair, I started thinking about all the ways my day was good, instead of the ways my day went badly.  I woke up this morning, I wasn't late for work, I had money to buy myself food, I had gas to get me to and from work, I have co workers who helped me out even though it wasn't their "job" to help me out, and I made it home safely back to my apartment to be able to share this with all of you, and those aren't even all of the things I have to be grateful for today.

Quotes

I know not every day is going to be the best day ever, and some days may be just downright foul, but instead of wallowing in the bad moments we need to turn ourselves around and look at the silver linings.  All days have them.  I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Everything in perspective. Always ask yourself "If I don't do this perfectly will anybody die?" "Did I purposely hurt someone?" If the answer its "no" to both then let it go.

    ReplyDelete