Wednesday, July 9, 2014

NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel


Can I just say this little beauty may have started me on my summer lip color binge?  Not only that, but it also may have officially converted me to a lip gloss girl?








NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel

First Impression: Eh, another gloss.  I like the color, I've heard good things about this, but eh, its another gloss.
 
After Application:  What?  I like this.  I like the color, I like how it feels, I like it.  Dare I say I love it?  I love it.
Overall:  I know, I know, all really big claims for such a little tube, but it's true!  I've been trying to avoid lip color this summer, silly me, but after getting this NYX Butter Gloss in my June Ipsy Bag I've been craving a little bit of color in my everyday.  Now to the claim this may have been the gloss to convert me to a gloss girl.  It's not another sticky goopy messy gloss like the others in my collection.  It's smooth, doesn't make everything stick to it, doesn't attract my hair like a magnet, the color is just enough to make a statement without looking overdone, and it's just glorious.  
Repurchase: I would.  Maybe in a more mauve pink color, but I would. 
 

It's opened my eyes to how wonderful a good gloss can be and how much I've been missing by avoiding a good lip color.  Do you own any of the NYX Butter Glosses?  What shades do you like the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment