Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Mauve Lips

For the past week or so now I have been absolutely obsessed (I'm talking 30 lipsticks in my shopping basket obsessed) with finding a particular shade of lipstick.  Well, two actually, but I have recently found one (link).



A few months ago I received a teeny tiny baby sample of lipstick from Diego Dalla Palma from his Rossorossetto line in the shade #113 Mauve.  I tried it, thought eh, it's nice, winter is coming and it will get some use. Then the Kylie Jenner lip trend happened, then I started watching Luther on Netflix (amazing series by the way), and I decided screw winter, 90's inspired dusty rose lips needed to happen right meow! (But without the $34 price tag)

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/luther/26047/why-you-should-be-watching-luther
In case you don't watch Luther, this is Alice Morgan.  Her character intrigues me, and the variety of dusty rose/mauve lips makes me want to buy every lipstick ever made.  Added bonus, if you click on the picture it will bring you to a site that tells you exactly why you should be watching Luther.

For the past week, or more I think, I have been desperately trying to mimick the mauve shade by Diego Dalla Palma, and always end up just short on either the pink side, the purple side, or the brown side.  Even though it seems like I've failed I have still found some really great lipsticks in that same color collection.



Insanity I tell you, insanity!

From Left: Starlooks Liner in Tickle Me Pink,  Bella Donna Love Lips Collection in Luscious, Wet n Wild Lipstick in Mocha-licious, NYC Lipstick in the shade Berry Me, Wet n Wild Lipstick in the shade Smokin Hot Pink, Wet n Wild Lipstick in the shade Wine Room, Mary Kay Lipstick in the shade Rose Petal, Diego Dalla Palma Lipstick in the shade #113 Mauve

My collection will continue to grow until the day I have the perfect dupe shade.  But with all of these lipsticks you're probably asking "why not just splurge on the shade you want?"  Principle people principle.

Up Side? I have my very own berry lipstick army to take on fall in style.

Do you fave a favorite berry lip shade??

No comments:

Post a Comment