Sunday, October 19, 2014

Allure Sample Society October 2014

Not going to lie to you guys,  I'm a little disappointed by this month's Allure Box.  Let me tell you why.


Stuff and Things


Emi Jay Hair Ties-  I have a zillion hair ties, but not many like these.  I am constantly in flux with my hairstyles throughout the day, and honestly think this is part of the reason my hair falls out so much.  These are supposed to be more gentle on your hair, I just hope they don't slip out during the day. 

L'Oreal Total Repair Shampoo and Conditioner- I love the hair mask in this line but was super disappointed to see these in this month's box.  I always expect really high quality items in this box, not something I can pick up for a few bucks at Target.  That being said I will be using these the next time I travel, so it's not a complete loss.


Estee Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Cream-  This was supposed to be a larger sample so that's one more tick for why the box disappointed me.  This product however s supposed to me amazing but it's not something I see myself using anytime soon.  I will more than likely be gifting this.

Bond no. 9 Perfume in Chinatown-  This smell triggers memories of playing in my grandparents back room in all of their old jewelry and clothes.  It also reminds me of a scent you would find on your grandmothers dresser in an ornate bottle with one of those diffuser pumps on it.  That being said, this scent is not for me.  I can't even keep it out of the wrapper very long without it diffusing into the air and giving me a headache.  Into the gift pile it goes.

Bobbi Brown Mascara-  This is probably the saving grace from this box.  I love mascaras and I have never tried a Bobbi Brown product before.  Fingers crossed this adds some oomph to my lashes and makes me look like I spent hours applying false lashes like a good mascara should.

Overall I give this box a B-/C.  I know it's a low score and my review was very harsh but I just expect more.  These past few months they have really stepped up their game and I just feel a little let down. The hair ties, shampoo/conditioner, expecting a larger sized Estee Lauder sample, and the perfume really killed it for me. That's four out of the five items that didn't wow or excite me.  Everything in this box comes with good intentions, I just hope next month it comes with a higher value to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment